Interested in writing or arranging music for your drumline?
Want to learn what questions to ask and what to look for when editing a show throughout the season?
In this episode of the Drumline Chops podcast, I'm joined with Andrew Markworth. Andrew is the front ensemble arranger for Rhythm X
, Carolina Crown
, and Crossmen
. In this interview, Andrew and I talk about:
- How to plan a show before you start writing
- What you need to know about a group before you write for them
- How to edit a show and continue improving it throughout the season
- The essential electronic equipment to have in a front ensemble
- How to improve your drumming with the "Metronome Game"
- And much, much more
Listen to the Andrew Markworth Interview
About Andrew Markworth
Andrew Markworth is a composer, arranger, and consultant for indoor drumlines, drum corps, and marching bands. He currently writes for Rhythm X, the Carolina Crown Drum and Bugle Corps, and the Crossmen Drum and Bugle Corps as well as a number of different high school ensembles. You can find his work at Shadow Lake Music
and connect with him on Twitter